Thursday, August 4, 2011

Good for the Soul






























(I took a break from picture taking this weekend and will update when I get some from friends!)

There are experiences in life that can be hard and make you feel uneasy, but make you a stronger person for getting through them. This past weekend I had one of those experiences when I spent my first night away from Wynn.

The opportunity came up for me to head up north to a cabin with my high school friends to celebrate my friend Katie’s bachelorette party. It was something that I really wanted to do as Katie has always been there for me for everything and I really do cherish time with my friends, especially after having Wynn. However, I struggled with my decision to go and felt uneasy about it for the few weeks leading up to it. Every time I felt a little nervous about it my mantra was, “it will be good for the soul.”

I knew I had absolutely nothing to worry about, since Wynn was going to be with Adam and this really eased my fears. Adam is such an awesome dad and I knew they’d enjoy their guy time with me away. The night before I left I made sure to get in lots of play time and some extra snuggles at bedtime.

It turns out that it was easier than I thought to be away from my little man for the first time. It was pretty refreshing to spend the weekend with my friends! We got some sun out on the boat during the day, had lots of laughs at dinner and even got a little dancing in on our night out with Katie. It was a great time for me to recharge my battery and remember that I am more than just a mom, that I am still a (somewhat) young lady that should enjoy some time with her girlfriends and a night on the town every now and then!

The hardest part was the drive home on Sunday, as I was SO anxious to get home! Adam and Wynn survived just fine without me, although I think Adam was a little tired out! I know in the future if there is another opportunity that arises for me to recharge that I will not be afraid to take it. In fact, now Adam and I are thinking about planning a little anniversary weekend getaway in the fall! Any volunteers for babysitters? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment