(Thanks to Megan for inspiring this post!)
We are now kind of settling into more of a routine around here. He really is pretty consistent with it, but I am sure as soon as we get comfortable it will all change!
Wynn wakes up almost like clockwork at 7 am everyday! After he eats he is wide awake and super content all morning. This is when we get some good playtime or get a bath in. He doesn’t mind being naked during this time for some reason!
Around 11 am he takes a great 2 hour nap. This is a blissful 2 hours where I can have some time for myself. I usually shower, catch up on some sleep, or do stuff around the house. For the rest of the afternoon and evening we follow a pattern of eating, awake time and 1-1 ½ hour naps. Our favorite time of day is when Adam comes home from work. We miss him when he is gone all day!
Wynn’s last feeding of the day is around 9 pm and then I head to bed! Motherhood has brought a pretty early bedtime for me, but I will take any extra sleep I can get! Adam and Wynn then get to hang out for a few hours together, where Wynn will be awake and content, fuss, sleep, or a combination of all three!
They wake me up around midnight for another feeding and then Wynn will sleep in his crib until 7 am waking for one feeding during the night around 3 or 4 am. We feel SO lucky that he has been a great nighttime sleeper so far and hope our luck continues!! We have an Angelcare monitor (thanks Grandpa and Grandma Weiland!) that works as a regular sound monitor, but also detects if the baby is breathing. This gives us great peace of mind even though his room is right next door to us.
Then we all wake up and our day starts all over again!



Love those beautiful big eyes!! I can't wait to come meet him. We booked flights today for Lara and I to come back for Grandma's birthday in mid-April. So I hope to have some Wynn cuddling time built in there!
ReplyDeleteSO CUTE! Thanks for sharing your blog link Jen! It's great to hear that Wynn is settling in with Mommy & Daddy. (And that the kitties are adapting, too!) Can't wait meet him in May and see you in action! Miss you guys.
ReplyDeleteLove the pics, Jenna. So happy Wynn is such a great sleeper, and in his crib, too! Awesome! :) Madison is a total morning baby, too. Give that baby, and Adam a hug from us!
ReplyDelete