Sometimes it’s hard for me to believe I’ve been keeping this
little family blog going for a couple of years now! While at times it can feel
like ‘work’ to get photos and posts done, I am so incredibly grateful for the
memories it's captured. As much as you think you won’t forget your life at
the moment, so many of those little things slip your mind. Especially during the
busy years of babies and toddlers when my mind seems to be going a mile a
minute!
Keeping this ‘virtual scrapbook’ has made it so easy for me
to make annual family memory books that even after 2 years are so fun to look
back on. I’ve also been able to make a baby book for Wynn with a photo and a
memory from every week of his first year of life. I am going to try my hardest
to do this for baby #2 also. I hope that by writing that goal down here, I’ll
hold myself more accountable! I also recently created a ‘day you were born’
book for Wynn so that when the baby is born we can talk to him about what his
birth day was like too. I think all of these will be amazing mementos to leave
my children.
To me it’s really less about keeping a blog up to date for
family and friends, but more about my job as a mom and a memory keeper in a
long term sense. I want my kids to have a document of their lives growing up and almost a journal of our family and memories. As I said in my very first blog post, I want to capture important milestones in our lives and what they mean to
us, the cute, funny or gross things our kids did, and what we were
like as a family (favorite activities, foods to eat, etc.). I also think it
will let my children know a little more about me as a person.
The recent passing of my grandpa has brought extra clarity to the importance of memory keeping, and as sad as it may
be to think about now, I may not be around forever. I want to be able to
share our story and I hope this will be a priceless gift that I can pass on.




No comments:
Post a Comment