To my baby girl,
As we count down the days to meeting you, I’ve been thinking
a lot about how your arrival is going to change our lives!
It seems like the journey to meet you has gone so fast. Your
big brother Wynn keeps us pretty busy and we’ve been tackling a lot of home
improvement projects creating more space for your arrival. My pregnancy with
you has been mostly pretty easy. There were a few months of morning sickness
and a scare involving a car accident and a trip to the hospital in Mexico, but
I wouldn’t change it for the world. I would go through anything to bring you into
our lives safe and sound! I wonder sometimes if it was just your way of
reminding us that you’re there and a chance for you to have your moment in the
spotlight. Is this something you’ll remind us of often as you grow up?
I can’t tell you how excited I am to have a daughter. The
moment we found out you were a girl, I couldn’t stop smiling. I have had so
much fun thinking of the memories we will create and the relationship we will
have as mother and daughter. I have had so much fun shopping for you also, so I
hope you’ll forgive me for all the bows, flowers and dresses that I get to
dress you in before you start having a say yourself! Your dad is a little
nervous about having a little girl since he grew up with only brothers, but I
know that you’ll have him wrapped around your finger in no time. I keep
reminding him that we have many years before we need to worry about dating or
you being a teenager!
You are going to be so lucky to have your big brother Wynn
in your life. He will be a great playmate and make you laugh with all of his silliness!
I know that he will also look out for you and be an amazing protector for you
in this big big world. He’s already been telling us about how he will hold you
and tell you everything is going to be okay when you’re sad. Although, he does also say that I will be only his mama, so we might need to work on sharing my attention to both of you too! You will not only
be entering our little family of four, but a big extended family that already
loves you so much more than you know.
I get a little worried sometimes wondering how I am going to
be a mom to two children! I know that sometimes it will be a struggle and I won’t
be perfect, but I want you to know that I promise to do my best and you can
trust that I will always have your best interest at heart. Our house will be a
place of unconditional love and support and we will get through it together.
Now that I’m 39 weeks, you could really arrive any day
now! I bet you didn’t know that you’re birth is coming close to a big milestone
for me, my 30th birthday on July 29th. You’ve been a good
distraction for me and I don’t think 30 will be so bad with a new baby to dote
on! Given what we know about you so far, I’m going to guess that you’ll want
your own birthday month and will wait to be born on August 2nd. Your
dad thinks you’ll wait until after my birthday, but will arrive on July 31st.
I also wonder if you will want to make a grand appearance and show up right on
my birthday! I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.
You're also being born around the same time as the royal baby of Prince William and Kate Middleton in England. Their baby was born on July 22nd, so luckily your birthday won't be overshadowed by that, but they did have a baby boy so maybe someday you could marry Prince George?
You're also being born around the same time as the royal baby of Prince William and Kate Middleton in England. Their baby was born on July 22nd, so luckily your birthday won't be overshadowed by that, but they did have a baby boy so maybe someday you could marry Prince George?
We can’t wait to welcome you into the world and finally get to see your beautiful face. We’re so ready to learn all about what your personality is like and watch you grow into the remarkable little girl you’ll become.
We will see you soon little lady!
Love you always,
Mom

Great posts Jenna! I am so excited to meet my sweet niece! I think she will look just like you! Wynn will be an amazing big brother! :)
ReplyDelete