Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wynn’s 2.5 Year Update

Our little man seems to be growing up by the minute these days – developing more and more of his silly, adventurous and kind personality tells us a lot about the little boy he will become! He’s brings such joy to our lives and we’re so thankful we get to be his parents!

He’s seems to be soaking up more learning each month. He’s great with shapes and is working on recognizing letters. Many times he’ll point to a word and ask ‘What that spell?’ He’s getting very good at coloring inside the lines, matching games and some harder puzzles. His favorite color has always been, and remains, yellow! We’re still working on potty training. He did good right off the bat and does well at school, but at home he gets way too into his playing and tells us ‘I too busy’ or ‘I not ready’ or 'I want to keep playing, put a diaper on' when we ask him to go. The kid is too smart for his own good!








































He is honestly all boy and is rarely without some sort of bump or bruise. He loves running, jumping, tackling, crashing and is very active. He also received his first black eye and looked pretty tough sporting that around for a few weeks. Don’t tell anyone he was hit with a toy by one of his friends at school and she happens to be a girl! There was one rare moment that he decided to dress up in my clothes and I had to capture it for the memory books!









































While he is all boy, he is a very sweet and kind kid too. He is so good and gentle with his 8 month old cousin Griffin. His teachers always share how great he is at playing with all his friends at school also. He is very friendly and will warm up pretty quickly, even if he can be a little shy at first. He is very affectionate and loves giving hugs. In the days surrounding my grandpa’s funeral it really warmed my heart to see the huge hugs he’d give my mom and my grandma June.












































































His all-time favorite toy and activity right now is playing with cars, especially the matchbox sized cars from the Disney Cars movies. He knows them all by name and will spend hours setting them up in lines, racing them around the coffee table, sending them down ramps, fixing them up in the shop or crashing them into a big pileup. Wynn has never been attached to a blanket or any sort of stuffed animal, but he asks to bring his race cars along with him almost everywhere we go!








































One thing that definitely isn't new, but just gets more and more amplified with time, is how much of a little chatterbox he is. He will just talk your ear off and loves to tell us all sorts of stories. If he’s talking and you’re not listening he will either keep repeating himself louder and louder until you acknowledge him or will come up to you, put his hands on your face and say ‘LISTEN TO ME’ with a serious, but goofy tone in his voice. Lately he has started to speak with a bit of a southern drawl and we’re a little confused where it came from! He will really draw the ‘a’ sound out and make one syllable words into two, like ‘craaa, aash’ or ‘yaaa, aaah.’

The one thing that we have noticed has changed over the past 6 months is the explosion of ‘why’ around our house! Wynn wants to know why about everything and anything at all times. The kid is pretty relentless and sometimes the only way to satisfy his curiosity is to ask him why back! This is an example of how many of our conversations go:

Wynn: Where you going mama?
Me: I’m going to eat with my friends.
Wynn: Why you go eat with your friends?
Me: Because I haven’t seen them in a little while and I want to say hi to them.
Wynn: Why you haven’t seen them in a little while?
Me: Because they live in different cities than us and sometimes we all get busy.
Wynn: Why your friends live in different cities?
Me: Because they want to.
Wynn: Where your friends live?
Me: (I tell him the names of the cities.)
Wynn: Oh. (And then runs off to play.)











































He’s also very independent and we hear ‘I do it’ many times a day. He wants to be involved in everything and tag along during any task. He generally listens very well and is pretty polite by saying please and thank you. We do run into stubborn streaks now and then and my oh my, Wynn is a champion procrastinator!

He’s still a good and pretty non-picky eater. The only problem we run into is that he loves to stuff his mouth too full, just like a little chipmunk. He tries to eat too much too fast and sometimes we have to remind him to slow down! He loves muffins best of all and could eat them every day for every meal if we let him!










































He still can very much be a mama’s boy and sometimes when Adam tells him something he doesn’t want to hear he’ll say, ‘Go to work dada!’ or if it’s the weekend, ‘Go golfing dada!’ The one thing that HAS to be done by mom is bedtime. I secretly love our little bedtime ritual and the quiet cuddle time we get each night. I hope it’s something we can keep after the new baby arrives also. He still loves to read before bed and his favorite books right now are the Berenstain Bears ones. I remember reading them as a child, so it’s fun to see how they’ve stayed the test of time!

One thing that Wynn definitely looks to his dad for is his taste in music! He loves to sing and dance and have Adam play his favorite songs on the iPhone. Wynn’s current favorites are Blurred Lines, Go Cubs Go and the ISU Fight Song. He also looks to Adam to pitch baseballs for him to hit, play basketball, golf or throw the football around. I never hear Wynn laugh so hard as when he is playing with his dad!









































Lastly, Wynn is SO silly and such a goofball. Many times Adam and I look at each other and laugh. We don’t know where he comes up with some of the things he says! He also has a flair for the dramatic, so he really can be pretty funny. Here are a few of the things I’ve written down over the last 6 months or so:

I’m not tired, it’s springtime!
You talkin’ to Wynn?!
The snails are at the muffin store.
I got LOTS of energy.
Oofda!
I toot on dada, woo hoo!
Clean up, clean up, everybody clean up! Racing time, time to race!
These cars not happy, they serious. They’re racing!
Mama, you go potty? Good job! You want a car?
I’m six, dad is thirty six.
I’m still little, I want to be big Wynn!
I’m little. Dada, you big. Mama’s big, she has a baby in her belly.
Time for baby to come out? I hold her? Baby is mama’s and dada’s AND Wynn’s?!
That a baseball field? That where homeruns live?
Buzz crash, he break his arm, he go see Doc McStuffins, she fix him, all better Buzz!
I not in TV, just Jake in TV!
You have a good day mama? I NOT have a good day.
(He's been very curious about names.) Dada's name Adam. Mama's name Queen. Nona's name Julie. Papa's name Christmas!
I'm not Wynn, I'm Buster!
(To me, singing in the car.) Be quiet mama. No singing.
(Interrupting you if you say something he doesn't want to hear.) Shhhh. It’s quiet time.
(About almost anything.) But I NEED it.
(Fake yawns.) I’m SO tired!
(While cuddling before bed.) I had so much fun today.
(After telling him we love him more.) I love you six times!

No comments:

Post a Comment