Thursday, August 2, 2012

Backyard Wedding


In June we traveled to Kansas City to celebrate the wedding of Wynn’s godparents, Bjorn and Danielle! Bjorn is my cousin and has turned out to be a close friend of Adam’s. Bjorn’s bride, Danielle, and I have grown close over the years and she is an amazing friend!

They had the most beautiful backyard wedding at the home of Danielle’s mom and step-dad. They had gorgeous decorations, flowers and perfect weather! My uncle Bill officiated the very touching ceremony.

It was so great to have my whole family there. Those moments can be few and far between, so we really cherish the time together when we get it! Wynn had a great time at the wedding spending time bouncing around between everyone. He was quite the trooper and stayed up until midnight! My dad also taught him the word moon that night and now he likes to look for the moon in the sky.


I’m happy I was able to capture Bjorn and Danielle opening their very special present from the cousins! It’s a fun tradition we started awhile back where each time a cousin gets married they get to have garden gnomes live in their house until the next cousin gets married. Bjorn and Danielle were lucky enough to get brand new gnomes, because the last one didn’t survive living with the last cousin. Someone (ahem, Lara) had a bit of an unfortunate encounter with it while moving!



We also had the chance to see our good friends Colin, Megan and Leila. We got adjoining hotel rooms and Wynn and Leila LOVED going back and forth between rooms playing. When they would wake up in the morning, or from a nap, the first thing they wanted to do was go see each other! Wynn became a little protective of Leila at the wedding and when another little boy got too close, Wynn put his hand up and said “no”!  He’s already trying to win over her heart.

I wish I had some more pictures of Wynn and Leila together, but my good camera is broken right now and I’m relying on others at the moment. I do like the story behind the picture I happened to snap at the pool though! We spent some time at the Plaza in Kansas City and stopped at H&M to do some shopping. You would have thought that Adam and Colin would have bought matching swim suits for the kids, but no, they bought them for themselves and of course sported them at the pool that afternoon!


It was a fun weekend celebrating two very special people. We know Bjorn and Danielle will have such a happy marriage and we can’t wait to make so many more memories with them in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment