Thursday, July 12, 2012

Family News


We’ve had some happy and unfortunately some sad things going on in our family as of late.

Sadly, Adam’s grandma Jean passed away on Wednesday, June 27th. I first met her in 2005 when I spent my first Christmas with the Weiland family. She was a wonderful woman that I had the pleasure to know over the last 7 years. She definitely was always surrounded by laughter and was never afraid to speak her opinion on anything! My favorite memory of her was when I was spending my second Christmas with the Weilands. She must have thought I was a sure thing for Adam by then, because she took off her wedding ring and gave it to Adam to give to me! It was such a sweet gesture that showed me she would welcome me as part of the family. Adam and I got engaged about 7 months later!



Also, my cousin Jessica is very ill and in need of some prayers for healing and comfort. She is surrounded by our big Geason family that loves her so much. My many aunts have been the most amazing support to her during this time, it makes me so very proud to be part of the Geason family. The motto of her journey has been, PRAY- HOPE- TRY . . . NO ONE FIGHTS ALONE! http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/JessicaRooney/journal



Now onto happier news! We’ve gained another college graduate in our family! We’re so very proud of my brother Kyle for graduating from the University of Minnesota. We’re so proud of the person he has become and know he will make quite an impact on the “real world.” He has started a sales job with C.H. Robinson in downtown Minneapolis!

I was honored to be one of Kyle’s guests at the Minnesota Gopher Baseball banquet this year. It was great to see him be honored as a highly respected senior player and watch him win two awards. He was given The David Chelesnik Award for his perseverance in overcoming a wrist injury during the majority of the season and remaining a constant leader on and off the field. The award is presented to an athlete who best demonstrates the special qualities of courage, determination and perseverance that were exhibited by David Chelesnik, an outstanding student-athlete who died of bone cancer on Labor Day, 1984, after completing one year of a lifelong dream - to play for the Golden Gophers.

Kyle was also honored with the Teammate of the Year Award, which is given to the players whose attitude and actions most represent that team philosophy of the Golden Gophers program. As the Gophers' starting third basemen for four years, he was a big part of the Gophers team and I loved hearing his coaches and teammates speak so highly of him!

My favorite part of the night was when Kyle got to speak. He did a wonderful job imparting some words of wisdom for the current players and had some very kind words of thanks for everyone (including me!). It was a very proud moment as an older sister and I feel so lucky to have such an amazing little brother!



I’ve saved the best piece of news for last, I’m going to be an aunt!! My sister Lindsay and her husband Matt are expecting a baby in November! They also found out a few weeks ago that they will be having a boy! I know Wynn will love having a little boy cousin to wrestle around with. It will be so special for me to have a nephew to shower with love. Lindsay and Matt will be incredible parents and the world will be so blessed to have a little baby Beasley in it. 


1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about Adam's Grandma, she sounded like a very special person! You will be an amazing Aunt to Baby Beasley! I'm so excited to watch him grow up with Wynn! :)

    ReplyDelete