We actually celebrated Mother’s Day a week late. On the actual day we were in the car all day driving back from Omaha , so Adam and Wynn were so sweet to plan something extra for me the following Saturday.
The day was full of some of my favorite food. We had Punch pizza for lunch and a big Italian spread from Buca’s for dinner including my favorite pasta, gnocchi. I also got some yummy edible arrangements for dessert! The truffles were especially delicious!
Wynn’s last cat nap of the day at 7 pm has now turned into his bedtime so Adam and I get a few hours of alone time in the evenings. Even though we aren’t able to get out on dates as much, dinner and a movie at home for Mother’s Day counts in my book!
We also started a new tradition. Adam and Wynn picked up a “Mom’s Book” for me. It is a book full of blank pages, but the thought is to have our kids fill one page every Mother’s Day for me with whatever they would like. I thought this was such a sweet tradition and I can already imagine flipping through it and cherishing each and every page!
Wynn needed a little help this year, so as a family we created the first page together. We made some flowers out of Wynn’s hand and footprints. We definitely needed both Adam and I to do this. It was hard to do with a wiggly 3.5 month old! It was a little messy, but he was such a good sport!
It is such a special feeling to be a mom. This year I also have an extra appreciation for all the mothers out there and especially my mom. Mom, thank you for giving me everything in my life, being such an amazing role model and for loving me so much. I love you!





No comments:
Post a Comment