Sunday, May 22, 2011

God’s Country


The weekend of May 21st we took a trip to Iowa for Christian’s high school graduation. I really do have quite the fondness for Iowa as it is where I went to college, but usually when we cross over the Minnesota-Iowa border I make some comment about how smelly it is from all the farms! Then Adam always responds with, “but it’s God’s country.” We did see about 6 rainbows on the way home, so maybe he is right. :)

It was Wynn’s first time visiting Adam’s hometown of Alta, Iowa. It’s a pretty small town in Northwest Iowa and I always love visiting. It is definitely a place where everyone knows everyone. I always get such a comforting and safe feeling when I am there and it is a place where I always can really relax. I always loved visiting when I was in college (and while pregnant), because nobody cares if I want to take a nap!



























This was an exciting trip for Wynn too, because he finally got to meet Adam’s oldest brother Josh who lives in Indiana! He also got to meet his 2 Great Grandmas on the Weiland side, Grandma Ardy and Grandma Jeanne, plus many extended family members.

It was a fun weekend celebrating Christian. He’s such a charming and funny guy and has such a bright future ahead of him. He is starting his new adventure in life at Iowa Central playing baseball. He’s a pretty mean pitcher! We’re so proud of you Christian!




No comments:

Post a Comment