Going back to work has been a smoother transition than I had imagined. While there were some tears leading up to my first day back, the actual first week went really well. We had about a one and a half week gap from when I had to go back to when our nanny could start. Adam was able to stay home with him my first couple of days back, my parents helped out and Adam’s mom came up to watch him for a few days also! It meant so much to have help from everyone! I know this made it SO much easier for me. I knew I was leaving him in a comfortable environment in very capable and familiar hands.
It was so strange to walk into work again and see all my old co-workers. It was as if nothing had changed and I stepped back into pre-baby time. Then I started going through the 1000+ e-mails I had and realized how much really had changed in three months! There were lots of project updates, organizational changes, etc. It has been hard to wrap my head around doing engineering again, but it has been nice to see the familiar faces around Boston Scientific. I have now been there for five years and forgot how comfortable it feels. With my first week completed I feel like I am getting the hang of it again.
We have our schedules worked out where I can leave home at around 7 am and be home by 4 pm, and Adam can stay home until 8 am and get home a little after 5 pm. I am also so lucky that we only live about 10 minutes away from where I work so I can come home for lunch when I want to feed Wynn and get an extra hour of baby time (I was home 4 out of 5 days the first week!). I also now cannot wait to get home at the end of the day to see those cute chubby cheeks of my little man. There is nothing that beats snuggling with him every afternoon and makes me cherish our time together SO much more!





Love the tushie picture! That's great you can visit Wynn at lunch. He's a cutie!
ReplyDelete