Sunday, April 3, 2011

Firsts




Weeks 6 and 7 at the Weiland household were some exciting weeks of many firsts for Wynn!

·         First bottle: we started introducing one bottle per day so Wynn is ready for when I have to go back to work. The first bottle wasn’t all too successful as it ended up coming out way too fast for him, but after experimenting with a few different brands we found one that works well!




·         First stroller ride: it finally went above 50 degrees in Minnesota so we were able to go on our first stroller ride! Wynn really likes any type of movement, so he slept the entire hour that we were out. Unfortunately it snowed and got cold again (boo!), so we haven’t been back out yet. I know we will be out again soon and also enjoying some outdoor Gopher baseball games at Target Field!

 ·         First babysitter: I brought Wynn to Eden Prairie so Grandpa Chris could watch him for a few hours   
       while I went to the dentist. Don’t worry, Grandma Julie came home from work early so she could get her       
       time in too!



·         First time sleeping through the night: the night he turned 6 weeks, Wynn slept until 5:30 am! In my book that is sleeping through the night for a 6 week old. :) He had great timing as I had a doctor appointment that day, so I was able to put him back down until 8:30 am and get a shower in! He has only done this 3 times since then, but we at least know it is possible! Otherwise, he is really pretty consistent at going 4 hours between feedings at night. We have been working hard on this since the first night we brought him home, so we are happy it is paying off! Naps aren’t quite as successful and he’ll only sleep in his crib for 20-40 min at a time during the day, but we’re working on improving that. We’ve found that a well rested baby is so much happier than a tired one!



·         First time he found his hands: Wynn now loves to suck on his hands and is constantly bringing them to his mouth. It is pretty cute, but this means way more drool!




·         First time he found himself in the mirror: his activity mat has a mirror and he recently discovered himself! He loves looking at his reflection and smiling at himself.




·         First night out for mom: I was able to go out with my friends for sushi and cocktails! (We missed having you there Stacy!)





No comments:

Post a Comment