This new journey into motherhood has definitely been a rollercoaster. It has had its ups and downs. One day I feel like I have it all figured out and the next I feel clueless! Regardless, I have really been enjoying the ride.
I never knew a little 7 pound human could change me so drastically, but I am forever a different person because of him. He’s changed my whole outlook on life and has made each breath so much more worth living. I’m forever his mother and he is forever my son. My love for him is unlike anything I've ever experienced and there is nothing I wouldn't give for him to have the absolute best.
I’m going back to work in a few weeks and am going to miss all of my 24-7 time with my little man. I wanted to capture some of the things I loved and didn’t love so much about staying home with him these past 3 months! I know that I’ll still be experiencing all these things, but it is a little bittersweet to have to spend more time away from him.
What I have loved . . .
· Hanging out in bed together while Dad gets ready for work
· Walking around the house together, he’s happy to help get lunch ready, put things away, etc. as long as he’s in my arms
· Dancing together
· Stroller rides in the middle of the day when the neighborhood is quiet
· How he gets the widest eyes whenever we go somewhere taking it all in, until about 15 minutes in when he falls asleep!
· All the cuddles, smiles, baby conversations and laughs
· His little baby sighs
· The feel of his fuzzy head against my cheek
· His yummy baby scent
· When he holds my finger tight
· Nursing and being all that he needs in that moment
· When Dad comes home and we can have family time
· Our bedtime routine
· Feeling daily like my heart is going to burst because it simply can’t contain all the love I have for him!
What I may not miss so much . . .
· Not showering until noon and feeling like a slob some days
· Sometimes wearing my pajamas all day (or at least until right before Adam comes home!)
· Wearing pony tails everyday because it is sometimes all I have time for and the little man likes to grab my hair tight and not let go!
· Grabbing the first thing I see to wear in my closet, but spending a few minutes thinking before dressing Wynn each day. It is so much more fun to dress a baby and try on all his clothes as they start to fit him!
· Having pee, poop, or spit-up on my clothes daily and seriously contemplating if I should change or not
· Having to pack a million things before leaving the house
We have a nanny coming for the summer which makes it so much easier for me to leave him everyday. I love that he will be at home with one on one care for a few more months! I’ll share more about her later. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment