Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Family Affair


This week Adam left for his first trip away from home since Wynn was born. He went to Florida for a bachelor party for two of his good friends. The trip had been booked way before Wynn was born, but I think it surprised us both with how hard it was for him to leave! However, I know it was so nice for him to have a few days off of work. A little sunshine and golf never hurt anyone either!

The timing actually worked out perfectly as we were celebrating my Grandma June’s 80th birthday that weekend and had lots of family coming into town to keep us busy. The best news was that my sister decided to come back too and she got to spend the weekend with Wynn and me! It was so great to have her around to help out, but more than that, she got some good bonding time in with Wynn. I know he enjoyed all the extra special attention from his aunt! I know I am biased in thinking Wynn is a good baby, but when Lindsay called her weekend with us relaxing I know it must be true!


On Saturday everyone gathered to celebrate my wonderful Grandma June. I am so blessed to have four amazing grandparents in my life who all celebrated 80th birthdays this past year. We have a HUGE extended family. My dad has 10 siblings and my mom has 4 siblings, so I have many aunts and uncles and too many cousins to count! Our get-togethers on both sides are always loud, full of good food, and a little crazy, but so special nonetheless. I’m so excited for Wynn to experience all the love and fun of our big family as he gets older. My cousin Katja took the adorable picture of Wynn below and summed up our day with family beautifully here: Feels Like Home



1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun staying with you and Wynn!! I miss you and can't wait for your visit to St. Louis! Love, Aunt Lindsay

    ReplyDelete