Friday, December 9, 2011

Wynn's Baptism

The weekend of Thanksgiving we had Wynn’s baptism. Adam and I have been searching for a church to call our home for quite some time and the pieces seemed to fall into place this summer. We thought Thanksgiving would be the perfect time to celebrate Wynn’s baptism since we would have so many family members already in town!


We took a baptism class and I learned so much about baptism that I did not know before. The pastor made an interesting point about how since most people are baptized as infants, that it is usually something we don’t have a memory of. My own baptism was not something I thought about much, until now!

Adam and I both grew up in the Lutheran church and feel that it is important for Wynn to do the same. There are two things we want for him as we thought about his baptism – for him to grow closer to God and to join a larger church and Christian community. We chose my cousin Bjorn and his fiancé Danielle as Wynn’s Godparents. They are great friends to us and we know that they will also love, pray and watch over Wynn throughout his life!

Someday we will have to tell Wynn the story about how he had a huge cheering section of 30 family members there to witness his baptism. We’ll tell him how he smiled when the water splashed his forehead, how he wanted to play in the water afterwards and how the pastor carried him throughout the church showing him off to the congregation while he seemed so proud to be the one everyone was looking at!



We had a nice gathering of family at my parent’s house afterwards for some lunch and cake. It is times like those that I take a step back and marvel at how much love and support we have in our lives. I have to say we have a pretty amazing family and we are so grateful that our little boy is so loved by so many.



No comments:

Post a Comment