Saturday, January 8, 2011

The nursery

This nursery has been quite the labor of love. I love most things crafty, so it has been a fun project for me these past few months! We are going to hang some pictures once Wynn arrives, but other than that it is mostly done. We are so blessed and have gotten so many amazing gifts that we hardly have had to buy anything. The room started out as a small office/reading room.



Our first purchase was a cozy rocker recliner in a sage green color and soft terry cloth fabric. The color in the picture really does not do it justice! It is much more vibrant in person. I took these pics at night so that is probably why. Our main requirement was that it be super duper comfortable as I know we will all be spending many hours there!





























We also got a beautiful cherry crib and matching changing table as a gift from Grandma & Grandpa Geason! We kept the bedding simple in plain white and received some amazing homemade quilts from Cousin Katja and my friend Stacy's mom as gifts. I know many hours were spent making those which makes them so very special!



























We didn't really go with a "theme" and waited until we knew we were having a boy to pick out the accent colors of navy and green. Since we kept the wall color neutral I thought the curtains could be a little more bold! I already had some light sand colored linen curtains and then added the thick navy stripes and a nail-head trim.

We also hung up some black out blinds to block out some of the light when we need it, but mostly to block out any chill in the cold winter months! They have been working great so far. I covered these in a white linen fabric to pretty them up just a little.                                                                                    




After looking around a little and not finding anything I really liked, I decided I wanted to make the artwork myself. I made a vintage looking pennant out of felt and a family tree out of some fabric remnants we had at home. I made sure to cut out some extra leaves so we can add to our tree in the future! I'm sure we will have some aunts, cousins and siblings for Wynn to add someday. :)























This small bookshelf was one that we already owned. I am so happy that we already have a wonderful library to start with!

We also received the navy shelf from Pottery Barn Kids as a Christmas gift from Grandma & Grandpa and I think it looks great! It will be a nice place to display and store some more breakable things up high once we have a crawler on our hands!





















































This little boy is pretty spoiled already with one very full closet full of clothes and shoes for his first year. Can you can spot a couple pairs of Jordan sneakers in there? Adam bought one pair and Uncle Christian handed down the ones he wore as a baby! You might also spy my Christmas gift from Adam. Just because I am going to be the mom to a little boy doesn't mean that I can't have a girly Coach diaper bag does it? It at least has blue lining. :)

























We hope we don't get a surprise and get a girl on delivery day because we have SO many great sports outfits!! Can you tell we have some Gopher and Iowa State fans in the family? We also have Aunt Becky out in Boston who stocked us up on the Boston team gear, which is great because Adam loves the Red Sox and Celtics. We're already looking forward to taking Wynn to Fenway someday! His first baseball games will surely be some Gopher games to see Uncle Kyle play when he is just a few weeks old.


Don't worry, we also have some adorable non-sports clothes too. This is just a small selection of the many! As much fun as it has been to look, we have hardly bought any clothes ourselves thanks to all the amazing gifts from our wonderful family and friends!

I hope you enjoyed the many pictures of the nursery. I hope it will be a cozy and comfortable little haven. We now just need our little boy to make it feel complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment