Thursday, November 8, 2012

Ahoy, it’s a Boy!


My mom and I had the sincere pleasure of throwing my sister her very first baby shower! It was so fun to celebrate her becoming a mom and the little boy that is about to enter her life. She decorated the nursery in a nautical theme, so I thought it would be fun to extend that theme into the shower as well!



We had an afternoon shower with our closest family and friends. It happened to be a beautiful September day, so we were able to have the shower out on the deck! My favorite shower activity was decorating onsies for the baby. Everyone did a great job and it was fun to see the finished product hanging as a backdrop to the shower!


As part of my gift, I made Baby Beasley an alphabet picture book. Lindsay made Wynn a book with family pictures in it and he loves it, so I thought I would return the favor! It will be hard having Lindsay, Matt and the baby in St. Louis as he grows up, but this way he can have a way to remember our faces between visits!

 
Lindsay received some beautiful gifts, but I always tell her (and most of my mom-to-be friends) that the most precious gift that her baby will ever receive is having her as a mom. She is going to be a wonderful mother and while it is still a little strange to think about my little sister having a baby of her own, I can’t wait to shower that little boy with love. We’re counting down the days until his arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment