Friday, February 10, 2012

Happy First Birthday Wynn!

We had such a great first birthday party for Wynn! We had so many family members and friends stop by to help us celebrate! I know have a much better understanding of the phrase, “it takes a village to raise a child.” Wynn has been so lucky to have had so much wonderful influence by so many in his first year of life.




For Wynn’s party we decided to have a Basketball Bash. It seemed fitting since we watched a Duke game while I was in labor! With Adam being such a big basketball fan, I’m sure Wynn will be too. He already loves to play with his basketball hoop! We had lots of basketball decorations, including a lovely Larry Bird poster. Adam thinks we should leave it up all the time! For the food we had a concession stand with hot dogs, nachos, pretzels, popcorn and candy.





Adam and I had a bake-off to see who could bake Wynn a better smash cake. I have to say Adam won that one, but he did let me decorate his cake so I think it was a team effort in the end! Wynn was pretty tired by the time we got around to cake, so he was surprisingly pretty laid back about it. He thought it was pretty tasty though and definitely got his hands way in there! 




We want to say a big thanks to everyone who stopped by or sent cards or gifts to Wynn. He is a pretty special little one year old who is lucky to be loved by so many! 


No comments:

Post a Comment