
Somehow my 10 year high school reunion snuck up on me this year. Maybe it had something to do with becoming a busy new mom?! Has it really been 10 years? I certainly feel like it has been some time since high school, maybe 5 years or so, but something about the way 10 years sounds just makes me feel so old! I’m always teasing Adam that he is SO old since he turned 30, so at least I haven’t hit that milestone yet. :)
Regardless of how old I was feeling, it was such a great opportunity to see some old friends. I stay in very close touch with a group of my high school friends and we see each other about monthly, but there are some people I hadn’t seen since high school ended! Luckily most of my close friends were also going, so we had each other as a “safety net” into the somewhat scary waters of a 10 year reunion. (We missed you Stacy!)
I went to a large high school and graduated with about 700 people. Let’s just say that there were definitely people that I am not sure I even met in high school, let alone remember 10 years later! Luckily the reunion committee posted the guest list online so we could pull out our old yearbooks and try to refresh ourselves on some faces.
We started out the night by having cocktails and appetizers with a smaller group of friends before heading to the reunion. It was great to catch up in a quieter setting beforehand! The reunion was fun and definitely interesting. Most of the conversations consisted of jobs, marriages and babies. We also had some interesting conversations with people who were mostly acquaintances in high school, which left us with some funny stories to walk away from the night with!
I also had the opportunity to spend some more time with my best friend from high school, Elizabeth, and her little boy Aiden. I don’t know if I could count the hours Elizabeth and I spent together in high school! She lives out in California now, so it was so much fun to be able to have a play date with them before the reunion!
Elizabeth and I have followed the same path in life – baptized together, confirmed together, graduated high school together, engaged within a few months of each other, married about a month apart and both had baby boys within a few months time span! It was so fun to see our little blonde haired, blue eyed Scandinavian babies playing with each other. Aiden is going to turn 1 next week and is such a smart, busy and adorable little guy! Thanks for a fun play date!



He is getting so big! I can't wait to see him crawl! Miss you guys!! Love you, Aunt Lindsay
ReplyDeleteI can't believe Baby Wynn is already 8 months! Time flies!
ReplyDeleteP.S. M has Peterson jersey!