Thursday, February 7, 2013

Officially Four

I think everyone that reads this blog already knows the news, but we will be welcoming another member to our family this summer! We're so excited to give Wynn a sibling and feel blessed to have another child to love.

We were able to share the news with our family over Christmas which was an awesome experience. With Wynn we were also able to share with both of our families in person, and it is just the best seeing the reactions in person! We still got plenty of tears when sharing news of #2, which somewhat unexpected, but very heartwarming.

I bought some colorful ball ornaments and helped Wynn make some fingerprint ornaments. We made 2 reindeer, one with his thumb and one with his pinky. We wrapped them up and had everyone open them at the same time. I think it took few seconds to register, but everyone quickly figured out what was going on!


This pregnancy so far has been a completely different ride than my first! I have had a lot of morning/all day sickness, which I didn't have with Wynn. I also have heartburn that started before I even knew I was pregnant! However, I have to say it has been just as amazing the second time around too. Hearing the heartbeat and seeing the baby on an ultrasound is just as much of a miracle! 

This baby has been different in the personality department too (at least from what we could tell from the 13 week ultrasound, ha!). While Wynn was always very energetic and bouncing around, this baby was all snuggled in and didn’t want to change positions as we needed for the measurements! He or she would wave hi, kick it's legs around, open and close it's mouth, but then snuggle back in. We tried everything to get him or her to change positions, but this baby was SO stubborn!! In the meantime we were able to switch over to 3D and also get some good looks at the baby to confirm all is looking healthy so 
far!






As I'm now in the second trimester, I'm feeling much more like myself. The tiredness has worn off, but I still have some sickness here and there. Strangely, the cold always triggers it too, so staying indoors is ideal until it gets a little warmer out! We're much more relaxed about everything since we've done it once before, so it just seems to be flying by. It is hard to believe that in less than 6 months, we'll get to meet our little summer baby!

Wynn hasn't really quite grasped the concept of Mama having a baby, but I think it will be easier for him once I start showing. We'll also get some 'big brother' books to read with him. I know the adjustment is hard on any child, but he loves to help out so much that I know he will be a wonderful brother. We'll get to find out the gender in just a few weeks, so stay tuned!!




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Weilands! What an exciting time for you guys!

    ReplyDelete