Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sherlock Holmes


Before Christmas arrives, I figured I should finally post some Halloween pictures! I’m so behind on posts, but will try to catch up soon . . . 

This year for Halloween Wynn dressed up as Sherlock Holmes! I had fun making his suspenders, cape and magnifying glass. We practiced searching for clues a few days before Halloween, so Wynn could be Sherlock ready! If you need someone to help you solve a mystery, he’s your guy!



The day started off with a parade around my office. That was Wynn’s very first experience with Trick or Treating also. He gladly accepted candy from the first group of people, but when it came to the second group of people, Wynn tried to give them some candy instead! I thought it was cute he was trying to share his candy! My co-workers thought he was pretty handsome in his costume. After the parade we went back to have lunch together (Wynn’s daycare is in my office building).


After school we went back to our house for some trick or treating, pumpkin carving and fun with family. Wynn thought it was so fun to run to the door and help hand out candy. Once the older kids started arriving with some more scary looking costumes, he wasn’t quite so sure and would really stare them down! 


Wynn got his hands right into the pumpkin guts when we were carving pumpkins. The master carvers, Jon, Melissa, Christian and Kyle, carved some pretty awesome pumpkins. Check out the Goldy and Cy pumpkins! It was fun to see the finished pumpkins all lit up. Wynn also had fun painting pumpkins at home and at school earlier in the week.
















It was a fun night enjoyed by everyone, especially our little Sherlock!



1 comment: